This finest quality Himalayan grown basmati rice is aged to bring out its unique fragrance and texture. Properly cooked, the grains will be long, slender and springy, and the rice light and fluffy with a lovely nutty aroma.
1. Allow 1 to 1-1/4 cups of raw rice for two.
2. Use a heavy, suitably sized pot with a lid.
3. Rinse/wash rice until the water runs almost clear.
4. Leave rice to soak in cold water for about 30 minutes – this will allow the grains to lengthen fully when cooked.
5. Add water to the rice in a pot to a depth of about one finger joint above the rice (or if you prefer to measure, about 1-3/4 cups of water for the first cup of rice and 1 cup of water for each additional cup of rice).
6. Bring to a vigorous boil, reduce heat to medium, and cook until there is no water visible above the rice.
7. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for about 15 minutes.
8. Turn heat off and allow rice to rest on the burner, covered, for an additional 5 minutes, or for up to 30 minutes until ready to serve.
Fluff gently with a fork & serve in a heated bowl.